Screening and Diagnosis
One of the most important predictors of survival following a heart attack is how long the patients wait to receive care. Huntington Hospital's Emergency Department is dedicated to providing prompt intervention during a cardiac emergency.
The Heart Center at Huntington Hospital also offers a full range of diagnostic services to patients experiencing heart-related problems. Our testing capabilities permit us to determine the presence and extent of cardiac diseases and disorders. Rigorous assessment capabilities provide our medical experts with all the information they need to implement treatment promptly and effectively. In many cases, a patient's condition can be diagnosed using exclusively noninvasive techniques.
State-the-art diagnostics at the Heart Center include a full range of perfusion imaging services to analyze blood flow to the heart muscle, thus providing early identification of any coronary artery disease. Other available techniques include, but are not limited to:
- Cardiovascular risk screening performed in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Center.
- Electrocardiography and other testing/monitoring procedures performed in Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Non-invasive evaluation of peripheral and cerebral brain circulation performed in our Non-Invasive Vascular Laboratory Services
- Exercise testing as well as pharmacological stress testing, which allows us to stimulate exercise among patients who have orthopedic or other movement difficulties performed in Non-Invasive Cardiology.
- Comprehensive Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Services including angiography, electrophysiology procedures and peripheral arterial interventions
When a patient is admitted through Huntington Hospital's emergency department, intervention begins within minutes of arrival. Patients progress from the emergency room to our cardiac catheterization laboratory is rapid and significantly faster than the national average.
The Heart Center at Huntington hospital is dedicated to promote heart health and prevent heart disease in our community.
For a physician referral , please call 1 (800) 903-9233
Our site is published for educational purposes only and not intended to provide or recommend any medical advice. Please, consult with your physician or appropriate medical provider, if you have any questions regarding your health.