Huntington Memorial Hospital utilizes the state-of-the-art single port da Vinci SI surgical system — the latest generation of robotic surgery equipment — to perform minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgeries.
The “Single-Site” technology from da Vinci Si allows for a single incision in the belly button and potential benefits include minimal scarring, less pain, low blood loss, fast recovery, a short hospital stay and high patient satisfaction. Clinical benefits aside, the good news is all of this efficiency translates to a better patient experience. The da Vinci SI features:
- Enhanced high-definition vision of the operative field, in three dimensions and with up to 10x magnification
- A dual console, allowing a second surgeon to participate as needed
- Superior visual clarity, allowing surgeons a better view of the surgical field and surrounding tissues
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than even the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance OR efficiency
Today, many procedures — including prostatectomy, partial nephrectomy, hysterectomy, and single-site general surgery, among others — can be performed using robotic techniques at Huntington Hospital. In 2013, we acquired a second da Vinci SI system, to serve additional patients in need of potentially lifesaving surgical intervention.
Helping to ensure the highest-quality care for our patients, Huntington Hospital maintains a cadre of staff — including surgeons and anesthesiologists — who are skilled in robotic surgery and familiar with the latest advancements in the field. Our team also includes specially trained nurses with extensive experience. Together, their expertise is unrivaled in the region.
For further information on the Da Vinci SI surgical system, please click HERE
For more information about the Robotic Surgery program at Huntington Hospital,
please call: (626) 397-3642.