Helen and Jim Gamble Radiation Oncology Program
The mission at the Helen and Jim Gamble Radiation Oncology Program is to provide patients with high-quality, state-of-the-art treatment in a compassionate and caring environment. The radiation oncology program is recognized as the top brachytherapy center in Southern California and was the first center in the United States to be affiliated with and accredited by the Seattle Prostate Institute. The cancer center has performed more seed implant procedures than any other hospital in Southern California and patients have come to Huntington Hospital from as far away as Asia, Europe and South America for treatment.
The radiation oncology program at Huntington Hospital is unique in that each radiation oncologist specializes in treating a specific tumor site. All patients are treated by two licensed radiation therapists with a double-check mechanism to ensure a high level of quality assurance. In addition, our team of highly trained physicists is directly involved with the patient’s treatment, working closely with our nurse navigators who coordinate care and provide patients with guidance and support throughout the treatment process.
The cancer center conducts peer reviews on all cases in terms of the initial diagnosis, stage, treatment field and treatment dose, and each patient is followed for several years after their treatment is completed.
- 3-D reconstruction treatment planning using CT Data
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Image guided radiation therapy (IMGT)
- Orthovoltage (basal and squamous cell carcinomas)
- Brachytherapy (breast and prostate carcinomas)
- Elekta Synergy and Elekta Synergy Platform linear accelerators
- Varian Clinac 600C
- Philips big bore CT/simulator
- Philips ADAC treatment planning system
- B & K ultrasound machines
- Philips RT100 superficial x-ray machine
- Varian Varisource HDR unit
For more information please contact (626) 397-2524