Patients Surveyed Rank Huntington In Top Five Hospitals in LA County
Huntington Hospital has been ranked as one of the highest-rated hospitals in the nation, according to a national patient survey collected by the federal government's Hospital Consumer Assessments of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS). The survey placed Huntington in the top five out of all hospitals in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside counties.
The ratings are based on more than 1 million patient surveys collected by HCAHPS and rate hospitals on criteria including: doctor communication, nurse communication, room cleanliness and discharge instructions.
The broader HCAHPS survey focuses on:
- Communication with doctors and nurses
- Pain control
- How often help was received when needed
- Cleanliness and quietness of rooms
- Information about new medications
- Information about discharge
- Whether the patient would recommend the hospital to family and friends
- The patient's overall rating of their experience
Congratulations to all Huntington staff on these outstanding survey results! They truly are a team effort.