Huntington Memorial Hospital is home to the largest emergency department and only level II trauma center in the San Gabriel Valley. Our Nan and Howard Schow Emergency and Trauma Center has undergone an expansion to create a state-of-the-art facility that more than doubles our capacity to better serve our community.
Over 60,000 patients seek emergency care here every year, the majority of whom suffer medical problems or injuries requiring swift and effective treatment. The department’s vital services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Notable features and services of our Emergency and Trauma Center include:
- 50 treatment beds, all in sight of the nurses’ stations
- Centrally located CT scanner and radiology areas to provide immediate on-site testing
- Dedicated emergency medicine pharmacist to act as a clinical resource for physicians and nurses, a rarity in California hospitals
- Designated Trauma Wings with trauma rooms designed to treat our most urgent patients
- Large patient lobby with a specially designated children’s area to help our youngest patients feel as comfortable as possible
- Injury prevention program
- Paramedic base station for Pasadena and surrounding communities providing medical oversight to 911 calls
- Pediatric Critical Care Center and emergency department approved for pediatric patients
- Primary Stroke Center
- Rapid Care Wing to treat our patients less serious health conditions, getting them in, out and home faster
- Social workers available to provide counseling as needed – first hospital in the nation to offer this important service in the emergency medical setting
- STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center based on meeting time-to-treatment guidelines(90 minutes per AHA)
- Three bays in the central triage area, streamlining the screening/routing process
Each patient who comes to Huntington Hospital for emergency treatment finds professionals who have dedicated themselves to prompt, skillful and personalized care. These medical experts – from specially trained nurses to emergency medicine physicians – are qualified to respond to the most critical need and provide immediate treatment.
It is thanks to our community that our Emergency and Trauma Center is a world-class facility that uses the latest treatments and technology to deliver lifesaving care. Local philanthropists’ generous gifts made the crucial expansion and enhancements possible. Huntington Hospital is deeply grateful for their support, which will make exceptional emergency care available to our region for years to come.
To reach the Emergency Department, please call (626) 397-5112.
In case of an emergency, please contact 9-1-1.