Huntington Hospital’s cardiac rehabilitation program offers a comprehensive array of services designed to assist patients recovering from coronary artery disease and cardiothoracic surgical procedures. Under the supervision of a physician, the cardiac rehabilitation team includes registered nurses, a registered dietitian and a licensed clinical social worker who work closely together to coordinate a personalized program for each patient. Our goal is to improve general fitness with an emphasis on cardiac conditioning, risk factor modification, cardiac disease education, treatment and prevention as well as health maintenance. On average, 94 percent of patients admitted to the program successfully complete their wellness plan.
The cardiac rehabilitation team includes registered nurses, a patient care associate, a registered dietitian and a licensed clinical social worker who work closely together to coordinate a personalized program for each patient. The clinical team meets weekly with the medical director to discuss patient progress and rehabilitation goals. Registered nurses supervise all exercise sessions and are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support techniques and exercise physiology principles. A physician is available at all times.
Our Comprehensive Heart Wellness Program includes:
- Comprehensive history and screening by registered nurses
- Personalized consultation with a registered dietitian,
heart-healthy nutrition counseling, diabetes education, body fat testing
and cooking classes designed specifically for individuals with heart
- Individualized exercise program to maintain lifestyle changes
- Inpatient and outpatient access to emotional assessment and counseling, as needed
- Stress management, including individual counseling, group lectures and spouse support
- Heart-to-Heart mentorship from former heart patients who are available to answer questions from a patient's perspective
Rehabilitation Program is located in the Wingate Building, with
dedicated rehabilitation facilities and state-of-the-art equipment
designed to assist patients in achieving the highest level of cardiac
function possible. Services are provided Monday through Friday, from
5:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For more information or to make a referral please call (626) 397-5627